Lay Counselor Training 101
Lay Counselor Training is a ministry of Desperately Dependent Community. This training focuses on developing leaders who have
- a Christ-centered perspective of life’s problems,
- a Christ-centered understanding of the solution to life’s problems, and
- a Christ-centered discernment of applying Biblical truth to becoming complete in Christ.
Click on the Lay Counselor Training link for more details about the program.
During this 1st Semester (January – May) of Lay Counselor Training we will be focusing on using Desperate Dependency: Finding Christ Relevant to Every Area of Life as a counseling model.
Part 1: The Problem – Christ is Missing
- Christ is Missing
- Am I the Problem?
- My Way Isn’t Working
- All About Me
- My Portrait of God
Part 2: The Solution – Christ is Relevant
- The Truth about God
- What Is God’s Job in My Life?
- My Way or His Will?
- Resigning the God Job
Part 3: The Application – Christ is Enough
- What Is My Job?
- Living in the Truth
- Choosing to Be Desperately Dependent
- A Job for Job
There will be Mentorship & Supervision Experience throughout the semester.
If you are interested in learning more about DDCommunity’s
Lay Counselor Training
Date(s) - 02/02/2019
9:00 am - 4:00 pm