iProcess: Understanding Your Identity in Christ
Have you ever asked any of these questions?
- Who am I?
- How can I get closer to God?
- What am I supposed to be doing?
It is natural to ask these questions. Because God created us to be in relationship with Him, He instilled a longing to connect to Him. But because we believe Satan’s lies, we struggle to make the connection.
The innate desire to be connected with God has been perverted by Satan, subverting our search for Him. Instead we crave for people, positions, and possessions to validate our identity when God has already supplied the needed essentials of love, significance, and security. God wants us to be complete in the person of Christ, the position of His child, and the possession of His righteousness. His love tells us, “You are valued.” As His children, we have significance that states, “You have purpose.” Because of His righteousness we have security that declares, “You are safe.” The quest proceeds with hopes of fulfillment, satisfaction, and completion so we may experience joy and peace. Our identity is bestowed upon us when we choose to embrace truth or succumb to the lies.Desperate Dependency by J. Kirk & Melanie D. Lewis
During an iProcess Seminar we present these truths:
- Identity is God’s perspective of me.
- Intimacy embraces God’s perspective of me thereby drawing me into spiritual connections.
- On the basis of my intimate identity, industry compels me to action.
- Once I am convinced of my identity I can be connected in intimacy and be compelled to industry to accomplish His good pleasure.
Invite us to help you understand how your identity in Christ forms the basis of your intimacy with Him and therefore moves you to industry for Him.