Help me find Christ relevant, please.
Desperate Dependency was written to help people find Christ relevant to every area of life. But repeatedly people still ask, “How do I find Christ relevant to every area of life?” Even though they have the book in their hands, they are seeking a basic process.
What difference is there in your life because you say you are a Christian? Have you realized that you cannot successfully live independently from Jesus? Christ wants to be relevant to every area of your life. So how do you find Christ relevant to every area of life?
How do you see God?
How we see God establishes how we see ourselves and therefore determines how we relate to Him. So what do you believe about God?
We’re not asking for a Sunday school answer. But what do you truly believe about God based on your behaviors?
How does Christ make a difference?
A realistic perspective of God impacts my daily living. If I do not believe in a personal God, then He will not impact my daily living. If I do not have a relationship with Him, He will make no difference in my life. But if I believe God loves me, I will feel valued, significant, and secure. If I believe God cares, He resolves the conflicts that cause anxiety, and He brings me to peace. If I believe God is sovereign, then I will have confidence that He will work all things together for His glory (Rom. 8:28).
Wait! Can you please make it more basic still?
Here’s the basic process to find Christ relevant to your life.
At times we get stuck in our situation. Whether it’s a pity party, grief, anger, etc., God is ready and waiting to be the solution to every issue. But do you invite Him to be your solution? Do you find Christ to be relevant to your situation? When Christ is invited to make a difference in your life, He will! So don’t stay wallowing in your problems. Find how Christ makes the difference.
Here’s the basic process of how to find Christ relevant to every area of life. Fill in these blanks.
- I am ____________________ .
- God is ____________________ (Scripture reference).
- Therefore I ____________________ (Scripture reference).
Here are some examples of how Christ is relevant.
I am discouraged. How does Christ make a difference to my discouragement? God is at work accomplishing His purpose in my life (Phil. 2:13). Therefore I realize that for God to achieve His purpose is more important than me achieving my goals (Prov. 16:9).
I am burned out. How does Christ make a difference to my burnout? God is full of grace (2 Peter 1:2–3). Therefore if I connect to God’s truth, I can taste and see that the Lord is good (Ps. 34:8). I can be complete in Him (Col. 2:10).
I am grieved. How does Christ make a difference to my grief? God is filled with an abundance of joy (Rom. 15:13). Therefore I can be comforted in God (2 Cor. 1:3).
I am lonely. How does Christ make a difference to my loneliness? God is ever-present (Ps. 46:1). Therefore I can have fellowship with Him (Ps. 23:1).
Are you getting a feel for the basic process?
Christ wants to be relevant to your life.
Christ wants to be relevant to every area of your life. Since you committed your life to Him, He longs to be in a relationship with you. Above all, as your Creator, He knows what is best for you. He desires to make your path straight. Furthermore, by finding Christ relevant to your life, the needs of your heart will be met. Also, God will give guidance and understanding for whatever dilemmas you are facing.
How sweet your words taste to me;Psalm 119:103–104 NLT
they are sweeter than honey.
Your commandments give me understanding;
no wonder I hate every false way of life.
More examples, please.
We’ve written a lot about finding Christ relevant throughout the years. You can read more examples of how to find Christ relevant by clicking the links.
- Processing How to Find Christ Relevant to Desperate Dependency
- Christ Is Relevant to Security
- Christ Is the Relevant Light at Christmas
- How Kirk found Christ relevant to forgiveness.
- Christ Is Relevant to Crisis
- Tozer Shares How to Find Christ Relevant to Life
- Christ Is Relevant to Hurt
- Christ Is Relevant to Relationships
- Travis found Christ relevant to entertainment.
- Christ Is Relevant to Feelings
- Shirley found Christ relevant to obesity and MS.
- Christ Is Relevant to Depression
- When Life Is Meaningless, Find Christ Relevant
- Christ Is Relevant: Back to School
- Christ Is Relevant When You Don’t Fit In
- The Israelites Thought They Had A Better Plan
- Christ Is Relevant to Doubt
- Finding Christ in the Storm Damage
- Christ Is Relevant to Unity
- Trusting God in Wartime
- Christ Is Relevant to the Mundane Painting Projects!
- Brokenness Is a Gift from God
- What Happened When I Became Desperately Dependent on God
Excerpts from Desperate Dependency by J. Kirk & Melanie D. Lewis.
POST A COMMENT about your insights on your journey toward desperate dependency! We would love to connect with you!
If you would like to be reminded how Christ is relevant to every area of life, subscribe to our email list. You will be asked to verify your request by jumping through a few hoops, but that is for your safety!